Informed vs Enlightened - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between informed and enlightened
is that informed
) while enlightened
As adjectives the difference between informed and enlightened
is that informed
is instructed; having knowledge of a fact or area of education or informed
can be (obsolete) unformed or ill-formed; deformed; shapeless while enlightened
is educated or informed.
As a noun enlightened is
someone who has been introduced to the mysteries of some activity, religion especially buddhism.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Instructed; having knowledge of a fact or area of education.
Based on knowledge; founded on due understanding of a situation.
* 2009 , (Diarmaid MacCulloch), A History of Christianity , Penguin 2010, p. 696:
(obsolete) Created, given form.
* 1590 , Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene , III.vi:
- Another informed and sobering estimate is that by 1800 indigenous populations in the western hemisphere were a tenth of what they had been three centuries before.
- after Nilus invndation, / Infinite shapes of creatures men do fynd, / Informed in the mud, on which the Sunne hath shynd.
(obsolete) unformed or ill-formed; deformed; shapeless
educated or informed
Made aware of something
Freed from illusion
* 1997 , John Peniel, The Children Of The Law Of One & The Lost Teachings Of Atlantis , chapter 10, page 128
- Thus the world is full of a variety of so called ‘good and bad' people to all kinds of degrees. For instance, some people are just ‘not very nice’ (on the bad side), and others are really bad - rapists, murderers, etc. (more deeply on the bad side). Their consciousness is a result of using their free will over time. For instance, someone who has more often chosen selfishness over time will have lower consciousness than someone who has more often chosen Unselfish Love. So each individual has made one side primarily stronger than the other. Yet in the worst, there is still a divine spark of Universal consciousness buried deep within them, and in the best people, except for the enlightened ones, there is still the seed of selfishness. Thus all can still break from their norm at any time, and make different choices, and change their consciousness, and thus even turn their lives around. Just by applying free will, one step at a time. Building a new life, one stone at a time. Are you not in the process of raising your consciousness by using your free will to override your past habits and consciousness?”
Someone who has been introduced to the mysteries of some activity, religion especially Buddhism