As adjectives the difference between inferior and raunchy
is that inferior
is of lower quality while raunchy
is very low class; inferior; inadequate.
As a noun inferior
is a person of lower stature to another.
* inferiour (obsolete)
of lower quality
- Anna had always felt inferior to her brother due to poor school grades.
of lower rank
- Whether they are equal or inferior to my other poems, an author is the most improper judge.
# (typography) Printed in subscript.
- an inferior officer
(botany) Situated below some other organ; said of a calyx when free from the ovary, and therefore below it, or of an ovary with an adherent and therefore inferior calyx.
(botany) On the side of a flower which is next to the bract; anterior.
(astronomy) Nearer to the Sun than the Earth is.
- an inferior figure or letter
(astronomy) Below the horizon.
- the inferior''' or interior planets; an '''inferior conjunction of Mercury or Venus
- the inferior part of a meridian
(term) and (superior) are generally followed by (to); (than) is seen sometimes, but is viewed as wrong.
* See also
a person of lower stature to another
- As you are my inferior , I can tell you to do anything I want.
Very low class; inferior; inadequate.
With dishonorable, base and vulgar expression.
Having socially unacceptable sexual behavior.
* See also