Indulgest vs Indulges - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between indulgest and indulges
is that indulgest
is (archaic) (indulge
) while indulges
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
: To yield to a temptation or desire.
- He looked at the chocolate but didn't indulge .
To satisfy the wishes or whims of.
- I indulged in drinking on the weekend.
- Grandma indulges the kids with sweets.
- I love to indulge myself with beautiful clothes.
To give way to (a habit or temptation); not to oppose or restrain.
- Hope in another life implies that we indulge ourselves in the gratifications of this very sparingly.
To grant an extension to the deadline of a payment.
To grant as by favour; to bestow in concession, or in compliance with a wish or request.
* Jeremy Taylor
- to indulge sloth, pride, selfishness, or inclinations
* Alexander Pope
- persuading us that something must be indulged to public manners
- Yet, yet a moment, one dim ray of light / Indulge , dread Chaos, and eternal Night!
* (to satisfy the wishes of) coddle, cosset, pamper, spoil
* See also