Falsely vs Incorrectly - What's the difference?
As adverbs the difference between falsely and incorrectly
is that falsely
is in a false manner while incorrectly
is in an incorrect manner.
In a false manner.
* 1910 , "PRINCETON'S GRADUATE COLLEGE; Issues a Denial [....]", in New York Times , Feb 4, 1910
- He protested his innocence to the end, claiming he had been falsely charged and convicted.
* 1989 , "Why Kill A Pollster?", in Washington Post , Dec 9, 1989
- This could not be more falsely stated.
* 2003 , "Wordsworthian Southey: the fashioning of a reputation.", Wordsworth Circle , Jan 1, 2003
- Our insensitive laughter echoes even more falsely now.
- And on none of them does the name ring more falsely than on Robert Southey.