Involved vs Include - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between involved and include
is that involved
) while include
is to bring into a group, class, set, or total as a (new) part or member.
As an adjective involved
As a noun include is
(computing) a piece of source code or other content that is dynamically retrieved for inclusion in another item.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* 1915 ,
- He related an involved story about every ancestor since 1895.
Associated with others, be a participant or make someone be a participant (in a crime, process, etc.)
- Miss Price told him a long, involved story, which made out that Mrs. Otter, a humdrum and respectable little person, had scabrous intrigues.
- He was involved in the project for three years.
- He got involved in a bar fight.
Having an affair with someone.
- When the family wrapped up my father's will, no one tried to make me feel involved .
- The explanation involved potatoes, squirrels, and race cars.
* enclude (obsolete)
To bring into a group, class, set, or total as a (new) part or member.
To contain, as parts of a whole; to comprehend.
- I will purchase the vacation package if you will include car rental.
- The vacation package includes car rental.
- Does this volume of Shakespeare include his sonnets?
- I was included in the invitation to the family gathering.
- up to and including page twenty-five
- The whole included race, his purposed prey.
(obsolete) To enclose, confine.
*, New York, 2001, p.107:
- The loss of such a lord includes all harm.
(obsolete) To conclude; to terminate.
- I could have here willingly ranged, but these straits wherein I am included will not permit.
- Come, let us go; we will include all jars / With triumphs, mirth, and rare solemnity.
(computing) A piece of source code or other content that is dynamically retrieved for inclusion in another item.
* 2006 , Laura Lemay, Rafe Colburn, Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML and CSS in One Hour a Day
- In the previous lesson, you learned how to use server-side includes , which enable you to easily include snippets of web pages within other web pages.