Undercurrent is a related term of inclination.
As nouns the difference between undercurrent and inclination
is that undercurrent
is a current which flows under the surface while inclination
is a physical tilt or bend.
a current which flows under the surface
(figuratively) A tendency of feeling or opinion that is concealed rather than exposed.
* George Eliot
:The meeting was pervaded with an undercurrent of dread, as the managers tried not to admit firings were looming.
- All the while there was a busy undercurrent in her.
, date=May 9
, author=Jonathan Wilson
, title=Europa League: Radamel Falcao's Atlético Madrid rout Athletic Bilbao
, work=the Guardian
, passage=Although the crowd was predominantly red-and-white, there was also a Romanian flavour, which these days in football terms tends to mean there is at least an undercurrent
of discontent. }}
A physical tilt or bend
* The inclination of his head increased and he awoke with a start.
A slant or slope
* The road up to the house had a steep inclination .
(senseid)A mental tendency
* His inclination to drink escalated to alcoholism.
(geometry) The angle of intersection of a reference plane
- ''The astronomer calculated the inclination of the equator or ecliptic of Earth and the orbital planes of each visible heavenly body.
(obsolete) A person or thing loved or admired.
- Artillery must take account of a weapon's precise inclination .