As nouns the difference between inclination and penchant
is that inclination
is a physical tilt or bend while penchant
is taste, liking, or inclination (for).
A physical tilt or bend
* The inclination of his head increased and he awoke with a start.
A slant or slope
* The road up to the house had a steep inclination .
(senseid)A mental tendency
* His inclination to drink escalated to alcoholism.
(geometry) The angle of intersection of a reference plane
- ''The astronomer calculated the inclination of the equator or ecliptic of Earth and the orbital planes of each visible heavenly body.
(obsolete) A person or thing loved or admired.
- Artillery must take account of a weapon's precise inclination .
taste, liking, or inclination (for)
- He has a penchant for fine wine.