Importuned vs Importunes - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between importuned and importunes
is that importuned
) while importunes
To bother, trouble, irritate.
* , II.17:
To harass with persistent requests.
* 1610 , , act 2 scene 1
- To deliberate, be it but in slight matters, doth importune me.
* Jonathan Swift
- You were kneel'd to, and importun'd otherwise / By all of us;.
To approach to offer one's services as a prostitute, or otherwise make improper proposals.
(obsolete) To import; to signify.
- Their ministers and residents here have perpetually importuned the court with unreasonable demands.
- It importunes death.
(obsolete) Grievous, severe, exacting.
* 1590 , Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene , II.vi:
(obsolete) inopportune; unseasonable
(obsolete) troublesome; vexatious; persistent
- And therewithall he fiercely at him flew, / And with importune outrage him assayld [...].
* Francis Bacon
- And their importune fates all satisfied.
- Of all other affections it [envy] is the most importune and continual.