Configure vs Implement - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between configure and implement
is that configure
is while implement
is to bring about; to put into practice.
As an adjective configure
As a noun implement is
a tool or instrument for working with.
To set up or arrange something in such a way that it is ready for operation for a particular purpose, or to someone's particular liking
A tool or instrument for working with.
* 1900 , Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams'', ''Avon Books , (translated by James Strachey) pg. 234:
- They carried an assortment of gardening implements in the truck.
- A man dreamt as follows: He saw two boys struggling—barrel-maker’s boys, to judge by the implements lying around.
* See also
From Scottish English or (etyl)
to bring about; to put into practice
to carry out; to do
- It’s a good thought, but it will be a difficult thing to implement .
* Objects: plan, programme, strategy, policy, agreement, order, specification, etc.