Romance vs Illusion - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Romance is a related term of illusion.
As nouns the difference between romance and illusion
is that romance
is while illusion
An intimate relationship between two people; a love affair.
A strong obsession or attachment for something or someone.
Love which is pure or beautiful.
A mysterious, exciting, or fascinating quality.
A story or novel dealing with idealised love.
An embellished account of something; an idealised lie.
An adventure, or series of extraordinary events, resembling those narrated in romances.
A dreamy, imaginative habit of mind; a disposition to ignore what is real.
- His life was a romance .
(music) A romanza, or sentimental ballad.
- a girl full of romance
* platonic, platonic relationship, platonic love
To write or tell romantic stories, poetry, letters, etc.
(countable) Anything that seems to be something that it is not.
- We saw what looked like a tiger among the trees, but it was an illusion caused by the shadows of the branches.
* 2002 , (The Flaming Lips),
- Using artificial additives, scientists can create the illusion of fruit flavours in food.
(countable) A misapprehension; a belief in something that is in fact not true.
- You realize the sun don't go down it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round.
(countable) A magician’s trick.
(uncountable) The state of being deceived or misled.
- Jane has this illusion that John is in love with her.
* (the state of being deceived or misled) misapprehension
* optical illusion
* under the illusion that