Not rational; unfounded or nonsensical.
* July 18 2012 , Scott Tobias, AV Club The Dark Knight Rises [http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-dark-knight-rises-review-batman,82624/]
- an irrational decision
(mathematics, arithmetic, number theory, not comparable) Of a real number, that cannot be written as the ratio of two integers.
- Where the Joker preys on our fears of random, irrational acts of terror, Bane has an all-consuming, dictatorial agenda that’s more stable and permanent, a New World Order that’s been planned out with the precision of a military coup.
- The number π is irrational .
* (mathematics) rational
* (mathematics) transcendental
* irrational number
A real number that can not be expressed as the quotient of two integers, an irrational number.
* 1946 , (Bertrand Russell), History of Western Philosophy , I.24:
- The square root of 2, which was the first irrational to be discovered, was known to the early Pythagoreans, and ingenious methods of approximating to its value were discovered.
* idjit, idget (eye dialect)
(pejorative) A person of low general intelligence.
(obsolete, medicine, psychology) A person who lacks the capacity to develop beyond the mental age of a normal four-year-old.
- usage note This may be used pejoratively, as an insult. It is a weak insult, however, and between close friends, family members, or lovers, is often completely nonaggressive.
* See also