Liver vs Hydrocholeretic - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between liver and hydrocholeretic
is that liver
) from or pertaining to liverpool while hydrocholeretic
is (biochemistry) that increases the volume of secretion of bile from the liver without increasing the amount of solid matter secreted.
As a noun hydrocholeretic is
a substance of this kind.
From (etyl) (m), from (etyl) . Cognate with (etyl) (m), (etyl) (m), (etyl), (etyl) and (etyl) (m) (the last three from (etyl) (m)).
(anatomy) A large organ in the body that stores and metabolizes nutrients, destroys toxins and produces bile. It is responsible for thousands of biochemical reactions.
(countable, uncountable) This organ, as taken from animals used as food.
- Steve Jobs is a famous liver transplant recipient.
- I'd like some goose liver pate.
* 1993 , Philippa Gregory, Fallen Skies , ISBN-13: 978-1-4165-9314-0, page 222:
- You could fry up some chicken livers''' for a tasty treat. — Nah, I don't like chicken '''liver .
A dark brown colour, tinted with red and gray, like the colour of liver.
- "I should think you've rocked the boat enough already by refusing to eat liver ."
* The noun is often used attributively to modify other words. Used in this way, it frequently means "concerning the liver", "intended for the liver" or "made of liver" .
* chopped liver
* cod liver oil
Of the colour of (dark brown, tinted with red and gray).
* 2006 , Rawdon Briggs Lee, A History and Description of the Modern Dogs of Great Britain & Ireland , ISBN 0-543-96651-8, page 298:
- His friend Rothwell, who had the use of the best Laveracks for breeding purposes, wrote him that one of his puppies was liver and white.
* cod-liver oil
* liver fluke
* liver salts
* liver sausage
* liver spot
* sea liver
Someone who lives (usually in a specified way).
- Ephori'' of ''Sparta , hearing a dissolute liver propose a very beneficial advise unto the people, commaunded him to hold his peace, and desired an honest man to assume the invention of it unto himselfe and to propound it.
- a wicked liver may be reclaimed, and prove an honest man.
- Try if life be worth the liver's care.
- Seeing things on big screen somehow makes it seem liver .
* (l), (l), (l)
(biochemistry) That increases the volume of secretion of bile from the liver without increasing the amount of solid matter secreted.
A substance of this kind.