Whisk vs Hump - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Whisk is a related term of hump.
As a noun whisk
is a quick, light sweeping motion or whisk
can be (obsolete) the card game whist.
As a verb whisk
is to move something with quick light sweeping motions.
As a proper noun hump is
the himalayas, as the challenge for the supply route between india and china.
(etyl), from (etyl) visk
According to] eng. (vist laant fra nord. ) whisk, the English (certainly borrowed from Old Norse) whisk
[[http://machaut.uchicago.edu/?action=search&word=whisk&resource=Webster's&quicksearch=on Etymology in Webster's Unabridged Dictionary], from (etyl) .
Cognate with Danish (m), (etyl) (m), (etyl) (m), (etyl) .
A quick, light sweeping motion.
A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- With a quick whisk , she swept the cat from the pantry with her broom.
A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- He used a whisk to whip up a light and airy souffle.
A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- Peter dipped the whisk in lather and applied it to his face, so he could start shaving.
A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
* Samuel Pepys
- '' I used a whisk to sweep the counter, then a push-broom for the floor.
(archaic) An impertinent fellow.
- My wife in her new lace whisk .
To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
* J. Fletcher
- He that walks in gray, whisking his riding rod.
In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- I beg she would not impale worms, nor whisk carp out of one element into another.
To move lightly and nimbly.
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=The stories did not seem to me to touch life. […] They left me with the impression of a well-delivered stereopticon lecture, with characters about as life-like as the shadows on the screen, and whisking
on and off, at the mercy of the operator.}}
(obsolete) The card game whist.
A mound of earth.
A rounded mass, especially a fleshy mass such as on a camel.
A speed hump.
(rft-sense) A deformity in humans caused by abnormal curvature of the upper spine.
(slang) An act of sexual intercourse.
(British, slang) A bad mood.
(slang) A painfully boorish person.
- get the hump''', have the '''hump''', take the '''hump .
- That guy is such a hump !
* (abnormal deformity of the spine) gibbous, humpback, hunch, hunchback
* over the hump
* hump day
* speed hump
To bend something into a hump.
(slang) To carry something, especially with some exertion.
(slang) To carry, especially with some exertion.
(intransitive) To dry-hump.
(slang) To have sex with.
(slang) To have sex.