Wows vs Hows - What's the difference?
As a verb wows
As a noun hows is
An indication of excitement or surprise.
* 1513 , (Gavin Douglas), Virgil Æneid (translation) vi. Prol. 19 :
An expression of amazement or awe.
- Out on thir wanderand spiritis, wow! thow cryis.
Used sarcastically to express disapproval of something.
- Wow! How do they do that?
- Wow... I can't believe you would do such a thing.
* See also
* wowzer, wowser
(informal) To amaze or awe.
- He really wowed the audience.
(informal) An exceptionally surprising or unbelievable fact.
A relatively slow form of flutter (pitch variation) which can affect both gramophone records and tape recorders.
- He did? That's a wow !