Hoe vs Hoelike - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between hoe and hoelike
is that hoe
is while hoelike
is resembling a hoe or some aspect of one.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) howe, from (etyl) houe, from (etyl) . More at (l).
An agricultural tool consisting of a long handle with a flat blade fixed perpendicular to it at the end, used for digging rows.
* 2009 , TRU TV, 28 March:
The horned or piked dogfish.
- It was obvious that it consisted of several blows to the head from the hoe .
(ambitransitive) To cut, dig, scrape, turn, arrange, or clean, with this tool.
- to hoe the earth in a garden
- Every year, I hoe my garden for aeration.
To clear from weeds, or to loosen or arrange the earth about, with a hoe.
- I always take a shower after I hoe in my garden.
- to hoe corn
* long row to hoe
From non-rhotic whore.
(US, slang) A prostitute.
* 2002 , Eithne Quinn,
Nuthin’ But a “G” Thang: The Culture and Commerce of Gangsta Rap
* 2003 , Dan Harrington,
- […] this chapter […] will […] explore why pimp (and hoe ) characters, with their dramatic staging of gendered and occupational relations […] have taken such hold of the black youth imagination
The Good Eye
- At school they had been among the only couples that had not done “it” at the Pimp & Hoe parties that popped up occasionally at the dorm
* See also
(US, slang) To act as a prostitute.
* 2003 , Da’rel the Relentless One,
M. T. Pimp
- Pimpin’ came so naturally to MT when he and his sisters played pimp and hoe games that one of his sisters wanted to hoe for him when they grew up.
From (etyl) (m).
A piece of land that juts out towards the sea; a promontory.
* Now used only in placenames e.g. "Plymouth Hoe".
Resembling a hoe or some aspect of one.