Mode vs Hode - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between mode and hode
is that mode
is fashion, trend while hode
From (etyl) mode, from (etyl)
(music) One of several ancient scales, one of which corresponds to the modern major scale and one to the natural minor scale
A particular means of accomplishing something.
* 1855 , Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society (volume 9, page 205)
- What was the mode of entry?
(statistics) The most frequently occurring value in a distribution
(mathematics, physics) A state of a system that is represented by an eigenfunction of that system.
(computing) One of various related sets of rules for processing data.
- An effectual and unexpensive mode of Protecting Wall-Trees from Spring-Frosts.
(grammar) A verb form that depends on how its containing clause relates to the speaker’s or writer’s wish, intent, or assertion about reality.
- In insert mode , characters typed are directly inserted into the buffer
* (music) Aeolian mode, Dorian mode, Ionian mode, Locrian mode, Lydian mode, Mixolydian mode, Phrygian mode
* (grammar) imperative mode, indicative mode, infinitive mode, subjunctive mode
* (computing) immediate mode, protected mode, real mode, retained mode
* collective mode
* dual mode
* soft mode
* (grammar) mood, grammatical mood
* (grammar) See also
From (etyl) .
* bimodal distribution
* (l), (l), (l)
(obsolete) To ordain; consecrate; admit to a religious order.