Despicable vs Hideous - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Despicable is a related term of hideous.
As adjectives the difference between despicable and hideous
is that despicable
is fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless while hideous
is frightful; shocking; extremely ugly.
Fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless
Frightful; shocking; extremely ugly.
Distressing or offensive to the ear; horrible.
* 1719 ,
- A piteous and hideous spectacle." .
- He started up, growling at first, but finding his leg broken, fell down again; and then got upon three legs, and gave the most hideous roar that ever I heard.
- Sure, you have some hideous matter to deliver. -
* Nouns to which "hideous" is often applied: monster, creature, man, face, thing, crime, form, death, aspect, spectacle, picture, roar, sound, manner, way, disease, mistake, shape, dress, fact, act, smile.
* frightful, ghastly, grim, grisly, grotesque, horrid, dreadful, terrible