Browse vs Hey - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between browse and hey
is that browse
is young shoots and twigs while hey
is (country dancing) a choreographic figure in which the dancers weave between one another.
As a verb browse
is to scan, to casually look through in order to find items of interest, especially without knowledge of what to look for beforehand.
As an interjection hey is
an exclamation to get attention.
To scan, to casually look through in order to find items of interest, especially without knowledge of what to look for beforehand.
To move about while sampling, such as with food or products on display.
(computing) To navigate through hyperlinked documents on a computer, usually with a browser.
(of an animal) To move about while eating parts of plants, especially plants other than pasture, such as shrubs or trees.
To feed on, as pasture; to pasture on; to graze.
- Fields browsed by deep-uddered kine.
Young shoots and twigs.
* 1590 , (Edmund Spenser), The Faerie Queene , III.10:
- And with their horned feet the greene gras wore, / The whiles their Gotes upon the brouzes fedd
Fodder for cattle and other animals.
- Sheep, goats, and oxen, and the nobler steed, / On browse , and corn, and flowery meadows feed.
Texas Parks and Wildlife Service, 2007
- In the Panhandle Area, bison eat browse that includes mesquite and elm.
Colorado State Forest Service, 1997
- Also, when planting to provide a source of browse for wintering deer and elk, protect seedlings from browsing during the first several years; an electric fence enclosure can offer effective protection.
An exclamation to get attention.
A protest or reprimand.
- Hey , look at this!
An expression of surprise.
- Hey ! Stop that!
(US, Australia, UK, Canada) An informal greeting, similar to hi.
- Hey ! This is new!
A request for repetition or explanation; an expression of confusion (see also eh, huh).
- Hey ! How's it going?
A meaningless beat marker or extra, filler syllable in song lyrics.
- Hey ? How's that?
- The chorus is "nana na na, nana na na hey hey hey, goodbye".
(country dancing) A choreographic figure in which the dancers weave between one another.