As nouns the difference between hermitage and laura
is that hermitage
is a house or dwelling where a hermit lives while laura
is (historical|roman catholic church) a number of hermitages or cells in the same neighborhood occupied by anchorites who were under the same superior.
A house or dwelling where a hermit lives.
A place of seclusion.
A period of seclusion.
* Lora (rare)
(en proper noun
* ~1591 William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet : Act II, Scene IV:
* 1960 Peter S. Beagle: A Fine And Private Place . Random House Publishing, 1982:The Fantasy Worlds of Peter Beagle. ISBN 0345300815 page 258:
- Now is he for the numbers that Petrarch flowed in; Laura to his lady was but a kitchen-wench; marry, she had a better love to be-rime her;
- Laura was saying something. A mellifluous name, he thought. I wish she were far away, so I could call her.
* Also used as a feminine equivalent of Laurence.
* Laurel, Lauren, Laurie, Loretta, Lori, Lorraine, Lauretta