Hempen vs Hemp - What's the difference?
Hempen is a related term of hemp.
As a adjective hempen
is made of hemp.
As a noun hemp is
a tall annual herb, cannabis sativa
, native to asia.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Made of hemp.
* 1590: Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queen (vol. 1)
* 1891: Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
- In fowle reproch of knighthoods faire degree, / About his neck an hempen rope he weares, / That with his glistring armes does ill agree;
Related to hempen ropes, i.e., to hanging as capital punishment.
* 1904: Rafael Sabatini, The Tavern Night
- A quiet land is this -- a land where the slow-moving Basque, with his flat biretta-cap, his red sash and his hempen sandals, tills his scanty farm ...
English adjectives ending in -en
- ... but rid himself also of the companionship of this ruffianly Sir Crispin, to whom no doubt a hempen justice would be meted.
A tall annual herb, Cannabis sativa , native to Asia.
Various products of this plant, including fibres and the drug cannabis.