Irreligious is a related term of heinous.
As adjectives the difference between irreligious and heinous
is that irreligious
is contrary to religious beliefs and practices while heinous
is totally reprehensible.
Contrary to religious beliefs and practices.
Describing a conscious rejection of religion.
Having no relation to religion; nonreligious.
- I hope they catch the person responsible for that heinous crime.
- The perpetrators of this heinous act must be brought to justice.
- The government denounced the attack as the most heinous of the last decade.
- Political Leaders from around the world have condemned these heinous acts.
- In our public services sorry seems to be the most heinous word.
* Nouns to which "heinous" is often applied: crime, act, sin, murder, offence.
* (totally reprehensible) abominable, horrible, odious