As adjectives the difference between hateful and heinous
is that hateful
is evoking a feeling of hatred while heinous
is totally reprehensible.
Evoking a feeling of hatred.
Full of hatred.
- I hope they catch the person responsible for that heinous crime.
- The perpetrators of this heinous act must be brought to justice.
- The government denounced the attack as the most heinous of the last decade.
- Political Leaders from around the world have condemned these heinous acts.
- In our public services sorry seems to be the most heinous word.
* Nouns to which "heinous" is often applied: crime, act, sin, murder, offence.
* (totally reprehensible) abominable, horrible, odious