Hewed vs Hawed - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between hewed and hawed
is that hewed
is while hawed
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
An imitation of laughter, often used to express scorn or disbelief. Often doubled or tripled (haw haw'' or ''haw haw haw ).
An intermission or hesitation of speech, with a sound somewhat like "haw"; the sound so made.
- You think that song was good? Haw!
- Hums or haws .
* (an imitation of laughter) In the US, the spelling haw is rare, with (ha) being more common.
To stop, in speaking, with a sound like haw ; to speak with interruption and hesitation.
* hum and haw, hem and haw
(etyl) hawe, from (etyl) ).
Fruit of the hawthorn.
(historical) A hedge.
An instruction for a horse or other animal to turn towards the driver, typically left.
(of an animal) To turn towards the driver, typically to the left.
To cause (an animal) to turn left.
- This horse won't haw when I tell him to.
- You may have to go to the front of the pack and physically haw the lead dog.
* gee haw whimmy diddle
* haw and gee, haw and gee about
* (to turn left) gee
* (to cause to turn left) gee