As a verb adjourn
is to postpone.
As an adjective hault is
(obsolete) lofty; haughty.
To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- The trial was adjourned for a week.
To end or suspend an event.
- It is a common practice to adjourn the reformation of their lives to a further time.
(intransitive, formal, uncommon) To move from one place to another.
- The court will adjourn for lunch.
- After the dinner, we will adjourn to the bar.
(obsolete) Lofty; haughty.
* Through support of countenance proud and hault . — Spenser.