As nouns the difference between watchet and hatchet
is that watchet
is (obsolete) a light blue color while hatchet
is a small light axe with a short handle; a tomahawk.
As an adjective watchet
is (obsolete) of the color watchet (as of eyes, clothes, etc).
As a verb hatchet is
to cut with a hatchet.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(obsolete) A light blue color.
(obsolete) Cloth or clothes of this color.
* (c. 1343-1400):
* 1590 , Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene , III.iv:
- Y-clad he was ful smal and proprely, al in a kirtel of a light wachet — ful faire and thikke been the poyntes set.
- They him disarm'd, and spredding on the ground / Their watchet mantles frindgd with siluer round, / They softly wipt away the gelly blood [...].
(obsolete) Of the color watchet (as of eyes, clothes, etc.).
- Who stares in Germany at watchet eyes?
A small light axe with a short handle; a tomahawk.
- Buried was the bloody hatchet .
* bury the hatchet
* hatchet job
* hatchet man
To cut with a hatchet.