As adjectives the difference between accustomed and habitual
is that accustomed
is familiar through use; usual; customary while habitual
is behaving in a regular manner, as a habit.
As a verb accustomed
Familiar through use; usual; customary.
* An accustomed action - Shakespeare, Macbeth, V-v
Inured to; adapted to existing conditions.
- accustomed to walking long distances
(obsolete) Frequented by customers
* A well accustomed shop - Smollett
- accustomed to cold
* habituall (obsolete)
Behaving in a regular manner, as a habit.
Recurring, or that is performed over and over again.
- He's a habitual chainsmoker .
Regular or usual.
- Her habitual lying was the reason for my mistrust .
- Professor Franklein took his habitual seat at the conference table .