Gut vs Gutlike - What's the difference?
As an initialism gut
is grand unification theory.
As an adjective gutlike is
resembling a gut or some aspect of one.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The alimentary canal, especially the intestine.
(informal) The abdomen of a person, especially one that is enlarged
(uncountable) The intestines of an animal used to make strings of a tennis racket or violin, etc.
A person's emotional, visceral self.
- beer gut
(in the plural) The essential, core parts.
- I have a funny feeling in my gut .
(in the plural) Ability and will to face up to adversity or unpleasantness.
- He knew all about the guts of the business, how things actually get done.
(informal) A gut course
- It took a lot of guts to admit to using banned substances on television.
A narrow passage of water.
- You should take Intro Astronomy: it's a gut .
The sac of silk taken from a silkworm when ready to spin its cocoon, for the purpose of drawing it out into a thread. When dry, it is exceedingly strong, and is used as the snood of a fishing line.
- the Gut of Canso
* alimentary canal, digestive system, guts, intestine, tharm, innards
* , belly, paunch (enlarged), potbelly (enlarged), stomach, tum, tummy
* (intestines of an animal used to make strings) catgut
* gut barging
* gut feeling
* hate someone's guts
To remove or destroy the most important parts of.
:* fire gutted the building
:* Congress gutted the welfare bill.
Made of gut, e.g., a violin with gut strings
Instinctive, e.g., a gut reaction
Resembling a gut or some aspect of one.