Guppy is a see also of molly.
As nouns the difference between guppy and molly
is that guppy
is a tiny freshwater fish, poecilia reticulata
, popular in home aquariums, that usually has a plain body and black or dark blue tail for the females and a more colorful tail for the males while molly
is a woman or girl, especially of low status.
A tiny freshwater fish, , popular in home aquariums, that usually has a plain body and black or dark blue tail for the females and a more colorful tail for the males.
By extension, any tiny fish.
- Fred kept a tank of guppies by the windowsill.
(paintball) A tube holding paintballs before they are loaded into the gun.
* 2001 , John R. Little, Curtis Wong, Ultimate Paintball Field Guide (page 177)
* I reached into my pack and grabbed a guppy to reload. Pouring in the contents, I kept my eyes ahead as I was supposed to do.
- Throw that one back; it’s just a guppy!
(obsolete taxonomic names)
* Acanthocephalus guppii
* Acanthocephalus reticulatus
* Girardinus guppii
* Girardinus petersi
* Girardinus poeciloides
* Girardinus reticulatus
* Haridichthys reticulatus
* Heterandria guppyi
* Lebistes poecilioides
* Lebistes reticulatus
* Poecilia poeciloides
* Poecilia reticulata
* Poecilioides reticulatus
A woman or girl, especially of low status.
(slang) An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
(slang) Pure MDMA powder.
A fish of the genus Poecilia .
A female cat; a she-cat.
A molly bolt.