Travel vs Gruesome - What's the difference?
As a verb travel
is to be on a journey, often for pleasure or business and with luggage; to go from one place to another.
As a noun travel
is the act of traveling.
As an adjective gruesome is
repellently frightful and shocking; horrific or ghastly.
To be on a journey, often for pleasure or business and with luggage; to go from one place to another.
To pass from here to there; to move or transmit; to go from one place to another.
- I like to travel .
(basketball) To move illegally by walking or running without dribbling the ball.
To travel throughout (a place).
- Soundwaves can travel through water.
To force to journey.
- I’ve travelled the world.
(obsolete) To labour; to travail.
- They shall not be travelled forth of their own franchises.
* fare, journey
* (l), (l)
The act of traveling.
- space travel
(p) A series of journeys.
(p) An account of one's travels.
- travel to Spain
The activity or traffic along a route or through a given point.
The working motion of a piece of machinery; the length of a mechanical stroke.
- I’m off on my travels around France again.
- There was a lot of travel in the handle, because the tool was out of adjustment.
(obsolete) Labour; parturition; travail.
- My drill press has a travel of only 1.5 inches.
* (act of travelling) journey, passage, tour, trip
* (activity or traffic along a route or through a given point) traffic
* (working motion of a piece of machinery) stroke, movement, progression
* travel bug
* active travel
repellently frightful and shocking; horrific or ghastly
* 1912 : (Edgar Rice Burroughs), (Tarzan of the Apes), Chapter 6
- In the middle of the floor lay a skeleton, every vestige of flesh gone from the bones to which still clung the mildewed and moldered remnants of what had once been clothing. Upon the bed lay a similar gruesome thing, but smaller, while in a tiny cradle near-by was a third, a wee mite of a skeleton.
, date=May 04
, title=Bin Laden was unarmed when shot dead
, passage=Jay Carney said that the US was considering whether to release photos of bin Laden after he was killed on Sunday but that the photos were gruesome
and could be inflammatory.}}