(business, economics, plurale tantum) That which is produced, then traded, bought or sold, then finally consumed.
(informal, often preceded by the) Something authentic, important, or revealing.
(transport) freight (not passengers)
* Adjectives often applied to produced, traded, or consumed "goods": returned, used, damaged, stolen, lost, dangerous, non-traded, intermediate, promotional, industrial, agricultural, imported, cheap, expensive, luxury, inferior, counterfeit, raw, processed, scarce, durable, perishable, baked, public, collective, digital, virtual, necessary, essential.
* (that which is consumed) wares
* evidence, facts
* (that which is consumed) capital, services
* baked goods
* bill of goods
* brown goods
* capital goods
* come up with the goods
* consumer goods
* cost of goods sold
* damaged goods
* dangerous goods
* deliver the goods
* digital goods
* dry goods
* fancy goods
* finished goods
* get the goods on, have the goods on
* goods and sales tax
* goods train, goods van, goods wagon
* grave goods
* greige goods
* heavy goods vehicle
* red goods
* sell someone a bill of goods
* white goods
The commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery.
Multiple retailers of groceries.
- She carried a sack of groceries in from the car and set it on the kitchen table.
- There were two competing groceries in the neighborhood, but neither looked very profitable.