Granpappy is a synonym of grandfather.
As nouns the difference between granpappy and grandfather
is that granpappy
is (informal) grandfather while grandfather
is a father of someone’s parent.
As a verb grandfather is
to retain existing laws or rules only for those people or organisations that were previously affected by them, and apply new laws or rules to the unaffected people or organisations.
A father of someone’s parent.
(by extension) A male forefather.
* granddad, grandad, grandaddy
* grandpa, granpa, grandpappy, granpappy, gramps
* (with regard to gender) grandmother
* (with regard to ancestry) grandson, granddaughter, grandchild
* paternal grandfather
* maternal grandfather
* grandfather clock
* grandfather clause
* great grandfather, great-grandfather
From (m). See etymology 1 and (m).
To retain existing laws or rules only for those people or organisations that were previously affected by them, and apply new laws or rules to the unaffected people or organizations.