Incredible vs Gorgeous - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between incredible and gorgeous
is that incredible
is incredible while gorgeous
is (of a person or place) very beautiful.
Too implausible to be credible; beyond belief; unbelievable.
* 1980 September 16, (w), quoted in William A. Schwartz et al., The Nuclear Seduction: Why the Arms Race Doesn’t Matter—And What Does , University of California Press (1990, 1993), ISBN 0-520-06134-9,
* 2009 , (Diarmaid MacCulloch), A History of Christianity , Penguin 2010, page 796:
- I get lost in what is credible and not credible. This whole thing gets so incredible when you consider wiping out whole nations, it is difficult to establish credibility.
Amazing; astonishing; awe-inspiring.
- He therefore found revealed religion incredible in a literal sense, and, as Bayle had done before him, he radically separated morality from the practice of organized religion.
Marvelous; profoundly affecting; wonderful.
- He was so wrapped up in watching the incredible special effects that he couldn't keep track of the story.
- I had such an incredible slice of pizza last night that I simply can't think about anything else.
(of a person or place) very beautiful.
- All the contest judges agreed that Brigitt was absolutely gorgeous .
(rare) Very enjoyable, pleasant, tasty etc.
- The sunsets in Hawaii are gorgeous .
- Israeli hummus is absolutely gorgeous .
* See also