Goto vs Goat - What's the difference?
As a verb goto
As a noun goat is
(uk|politics|informal) a member of the "government of all the talents" proposed by british prime minister (gordon brown
(computing) Any construct which produces an unstructured jump in the flow of execution.
- The setjmp/longjmp facility in C is essentially a GOTO .
A mammal, Capra aegagrus hircus'', and similar species of the genus ''Capra .
(slang) A lecherous man.
* etymology: from the slang term "horny as a goat"
(informal) A scapegoat.
* 2008 , "Tigers already miss Jones", in Royal Oak Daily Tribune (Michigan), Aug 6, 2008
* 1997 , "", Game 7, bottom 11th inning, TV broadcast on NBC Sports, early morning October 27, 1997; words by Bob Costas
- Fernando Rodney, the goat in Sunday's 10th inning loss to Tampa Bay, threw three nearly perfect innings in relief on Tuesday after being demoted from the closer role.
Nickname for the Pontiac GTO
- Tony Fernández, who has worn hero's laurels throughout the postseason including earlier in this seventh game of the World Series, now cruel as it may seem, perhaps being fitted for goat horns.
* See also
* (group of goats) tribe, herd
* act the goat
* get one's goat
* goat's breath
* mountain goat
To allow goats to feed on.
* 1918 , Agricultural Experiment Station, Director's Biennial Report - Page 51
* 2001 , "A worthy Rusch to judgment", in USA Today , July 15, 2001
- Rape and clover has yielded 283 sheep days of pasture, practically dry weather For the coming year it is planned to goat this area continuously
- John Rocker, meanwhile, was spared from getting goated because he didn't blow a save