Giro vs Gino - What's the difference?
As a proper noun giro
is (cycling) the giro d'italia.
As an acronym gino is
(neologism|fandom slang) galactica in name only — a derogatory term used by partisan fans of the.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(in Europe) A transfer of funds between different account holders, carried out by the bank according to payer's written instructions.
(British, informal) An unemployment benefit cheque.
The use of paper giros is in decline in favour of electronic payments, which are regarded as faster, cheaper and safer due to the reduced risk of fraud.
(US, Canada, slang, derogatory) A person of Mediterranean (especially Italian) descent, stereotypically regarded as shallow and materialistic.
* 1993 , Purdue Research Foundation, Romance Languages Annual
* 1994 , Marcel Danesi, Cool: The Signs and Meanings of Adolescence?
- Ginos are essentially teenagers of Italian background who take on what they think are traits that characterize an Italian...
* 200 , "[+//Tania//-]", "They're not going there just to get high"'' (discussion on Internet newsgroup ''alt.rave )
- Ginos and Ginas typically came from Italian households, wore stylish clothing, and listened to disco-type music.
- Not all ginos and ginas are the same, just becuz you've come across a couple you hate, doesn't mean you hate them all. ... Where I live it is probably 99% ginos and ginas and I get along with them just fine, in fact, my boyfriend is a gino.
* Guido, guido
* Guidette, guidette