As a verb appreciate
is to be grateful or thankful for.
As an adjective generous is
(obsolete) of noble birth.
to be grateful or thankful for.
to view as valuable.
- I appreciate your efforts
to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect.
- You must learn to appreciate time
- To test the power of bees to appreciate color.
to increase in value.
- to test the power of bees to appreciate colour
- The value of his portfolio appreciated by 80% over eight years.
- lest a sudden peace should appreciate the money
* This is a catenative verb that takes the gerund (-ing) . See
(obsolete) Of noble birth.
Noble in behaviour or actions; principled, not petty; kind, magnanimous.
Willing to give and share unsparingly; showing a readiness to give more (especially money) than is expected or needed.
- Thank you for your generous words.
Large, more than ample, copious.
- She's been extremely generous with her winnings.
* See also