As nouns the difference between wheezing and gasp
is that wheezing
is the quality or symptom of breathing with an audible wheeze while gasp
is sigh, yawn; the act of sighing.
As a verb wheezing
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The quality or symptom of breathing with an audible wheeze
A short, sudden intake of breath.
(British, slang): A draw or drag on a cigarette (or gasper).
- The audience gave a gasp of astonishment
- I'm popping out for a gasp .
To draw in the breath suddenly, as if from a shock.
To breathe laboriously or convulsively.
- The audience gasped as the magician disappeared.
- We were all gasping when we reached the summit.
To speak in a breathless manner.
- She gasps and struggles hard for life.
To pant with eagerness; to show vehement desire.
- The old man gasped his last few words.
- I'm gasping for a cup of tea.
- Quenching the gasping furrows' thirst with rain.