As verbs the difference between rusts and fusts
is that rusts
is third-person singular of rust while fusts
is third-person singular of fust.
The deteriorated state of iron or steel as a result of moisture and oxidation.
A similar substance based on another metal (usually with qualification, such as "copper rust").
- The rust on my bicycle chain made cycling to work very dangerous.
A reddish-brown color.
- aerugo. Green or blue-green copper rust ; verdigris. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1973)
A disease of plants caused by a reddish-brown fungus.
* cedar-apple rust
* coffee rust
* Rust Belt
* rust bucket
* rust fungus
* rust mite
* stem rust
* wheat rust
* white pine blister rust
* white rust
to oxidize, especially of iron or steel.
to cause to oxidize.
- The patio furniture had rusted in the wind-driven spray.
To be affected with the parasitic fungus called rust.
(figuratively) To degenerate in idleness; to become dull or impaired by inaction.
- The wind-driven spray had thoroughly rusted the patio furniture.
- Must I rust in Egypt? never more / Appear in arms, and be the chief of Greece?
* oxidise / oxidize
* ferric oxide
(obsolete) To decay.
* 1602 : , act IV scene 4
- Sure he that made us with such large discourse
- Looking before and after, gave us not
- That capability and godlike reason
- To fust in us unused.
A strong musty smell; mustiness.