Include vs Functions - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between include and functions
is that include
is to bring into a group, class, set, or total as a (new) part or member while functions
As nouns the difference between include and functions
is that include
is (computing) a piece of source code or other content that is dynamically retrieved for inclusion in another item while functions
* enclude (obsolete)
To bring into a group, class, set, or total as a (new) part or member.
To contain, as parts of a whole; to comprehend.
- I will purchase the vacation package if you will include car rental.
- The vacation package includes car rental.
- Does this volume of Shakespeare include his sonnets?
- I was included in the invitation to the family gathering.
- up to and including page twenty-five
- The whole included race, his purposed prey.
(obsolete) To enclose, confine.
*, New York, 2001, p.107:
- The loss of such a lord includes all harm.
(obsolete) To conclude; to terminate.
- I could have here willingly ranged, but these straits wherein I am included will not permit.
- Come, let us go; we will include all jars / With triumphs, mirth, and rare solemnity.
(computing) A piece of source code or other content that is dynamically retrieved for inclusion in another item.
* 2006 , Laura Lemay, Rafe Colburn, Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML and CSS in One Hour a Day
- In the previous lesson, you learned how to use server-side includes , which enable you to easily include snippets of web pages within other web pages.