Fryable vs Friable - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between fryable and friable
is that fryable
is that can be fried while friable
is easily broken into small fragments, crumbled, or reduced to powder.
That can be fried.
* 2001 , Lyn O'Brien Nabors, Alternative Sweeteners
- Olestra is a thermally stable, fryable fat substitute that can substitute for all of the oil in a product, contributing essentially no fat and no calories...
Easily broken into small fragments, crumbled, or reduced to powder.
* 1977 , (Angela Carter), The Passion of New Eve :
* 1983 , (Lawrence Durrell), Sebastian'', Faber & Faber 2004 (''Avignon Quintet ), p. 1020:
- Spiders had woven their vague trapezes between the friable heads of dead peonies in enormous glass jars streaked with tide marks where the water had evaporated long ago.
(of soil) Loose and large-grained in consistency.
(of poisons) Likely to crumble and become airborne, thus becoming a health risk
- This light, friable type of material offered excellent insulation against both desert heat and also the cold of darkness during the winter.
- April 1987 , Old-House Journal
- It is when asbestos-containing products are friable that hazardous asbestos fibers are likely to be released and sent airborne.
* (easily broken into small fragments) crumbly