As nouns the difference between frequency and sideband
is that frequency
is (uncountable) the rate of occurrence of anything; the relationship between incidence and time period while sideband
is the band of frequencies each side of the frequency of a carrier wave; formed as a result of modulation of the carrier.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(uncountable) The rate of occurrence of anything; the relationship between incidence and time period.
* With growing confidence, the Viking’s raids increased in frequency .
* The frequency of bus service has been improved from 15 to 12 minutes.
(uncountable) The property of occurring often rather than infrequently.
* The FAQ addresses questions that come up with some frequency .
* The frequency of the visits was what annoyed him.
(countable) The quotient of the number of times a periodic phenomenon occurs over the time in which it occurs: .
* The frequency of the musical note A above middle C is 440 oscillations per second.
* ''The frequency of a wave is its velocity divided by its wavelength : .
* Broadcasting live at a frequency of 98.3 megahertz, we’re your rock alternative!
* The frequency for electric power in the Americas is generally 60 Hz rather than 50.
(statistics) number of times an event occurred in an experiment (absolute frequency)
* (rate of occurrence) oftenness
* (rate of occurrence) period
The band of frequencies each side of the frequency of a carrier wave; formed as a result of modulation of the carrier.
* double sideband
* lower sideband
* single sideband
* upper sideband
* vestigial sideband
* amplitude modulation
* frequency modulation
* phase modulation