Tollfree vs Freephone - What's the difference?
Tollfree is a synonym of freephone.
As an adjective tollfree
As a noun freephone is
(chiefly|british) a service offering telephone calls free of charge to designated numbers.
(chiefly, British) A service offering telephone calls free of charge to designated numbers.
* 1997 , Peter Murley, Gower handbook of customer service?
* 2000 , Owen Hargie, Dennis Tourish, Handbook of communication audits for organisations?
- If they are not marketed properly they can easily be viewed as a poor man's freephone . Therefore, if such a service is to succeed, it needs to be promoted...
* 2001 , Dave Patten, Successful marketing for the small business?
- One reason for the increase in public contact with companies has been the introduction of freephone , or toll-free, services.
- Adding a freephone telephone number does increase response...
* toll-free, tollfree