Francis vs Fran - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between francis and fran
is that francis
is while fran
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(en proper noun
* ~1591 William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet : Act V, Scene III:
* 1820 , Names , The Indicator, No. XVIII, February 9th, 1820:
- Saint Francis be my speed! how oft tonight / Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
* 2006 (Kate Atkinson), One Good Turn , Black Swan(2007), ISBN 9780552772440, page 454:
*:Francis had never been 'Frank' or 'Fran', he had always been called by his full name. It had lent him a certain dignity that he had possibly never earned.
, a rare spelling variant of Frances.
A ghost town in Nebraska.
A town in Saskatchewan, Canada.
A town in Utah.
- Francis is one of the pleasantest names in use. It has a fine open air with it, - a sound correspondent to its sense.