Devised vs Fragmented - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between devised and fragmented
is that devised
) while fragmented
As an adjective fragmented is
broken into fragments.
To use one's intellect to plan or design (something).
- to devise''' an argument; to '''devise a machine, or a new system of writing
- devising schemes to realize his ambitious views
To leave (property) in a will.
(archaic) To form a scheme; to lay a plan; to contrive; to consider.
* Alexander Pope
- Thus, the task of the linguist devising' a grammar which models the linguistic competence of the fluent native speaker is to '''devise a ''finite'' set of rules which are capable of specifying how to form, interpret, and pronounce an ''infinite set of well-formed sentences.
(archaic) To plan or scheme for; to plot to obtain.
- I thought, devised , and Pallas heard my prayer.
(obsolete) To imagine; to guess.
- For wisdom is most riches; fools therefore / They are which fortunes do by vows devise .
The act of leaving real property in a will.
Such a will, or a clause in such a will.
The real property left in such a will.
- Fines upon devises were still exacted.
broken into fragments
composed of fragments