Forget vs Forlet - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between forget and forlet
is that forget
is to lose remembrance of while forlet
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To lose remembrance of.
* 1922 , (Margery Williams), (The Velveteen Rabbit)
- I have forgotten most of the things I learned in school.
To unintentionally not do, neglect.
- For at least two hours the Boy loved him, and then Aunts and Uncles came to dinner, and there was a great rustling of tissue paper and unwrapping of parcels, and in the excitement of looking at all the new presents the Velveteen Rabbit was forgotten .
To unintentionally leave something behind.
- I forgot to buy flowers for my wife at our 14th wedding anniversary.
To cease remembering.
- I forgot my car keys.
(slang) (euphemism for) fuck, screw (a mild oath).
- Let's just forget about it.
- Forget you!
* In sense 1 and 4 this is a catenative verb that takes the gerund (-ing) .
* In sense 2 this is a catenative verb that takes the to infinitive.
* obliviate, overlook, pass over, disremember
* acquire, learn, mind, recall, recollect, remember, reminisce
* forget about
* forget oneself
* * (l), (l), (l), (l), (l)
- to forlet your sins