As nouns the difference between forgiveness and forgiving
is that forgiveness
is the action of forgiving while forgiving
is an act of forgiveness.
As a adjective forgiving is
inclined to forgive.
As a verb forgiving is
The action of forgiving.
Readiness to forgive.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. -
* (action of forgiving) remission
* (readiness to forgive) mercy
Inclined to forgive.
- I am not very forgiving .
An act of forgiveness.
* 1996 , Bernard P. Dauenhauer, Citizenship in a Fragile World (page 58)
- And I receive your forgiveness only from you. A group's promises and forgivings are nothing more than the sum of its individual members' promises and forgivings.