Lacking good sense or judgement; unwise.
*:As a political system democracy seems to me extraordinarily foolish , but I would not go out of my way to protest against it. My servant is, so far as I am concerned, welcome to as many votes as he can get. I would very gladly make mine over to him if I could.
Resembling or characteristic of a fool.
*:It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to seem foolish .
The head of a pin.
* 1810 , Thomas Thomson, A System of Chemistry, Vol. 4 , Bell & Bradfute, page
(slang) An ignorant, , foolish, or stupid person.
* 1998 , J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets , page 212:
- The moment the nitre was red hot, the coal, previously reduced to small pieces of the size of a pinhead , was projected in portions of one or two grains at a time…
(slang) A telemark skier.
(slang, medicine) A human head that is unusually tapered or small, often due to microcephaly, or a person with that trait. Often promoted in as "human pinheads".
* 1939 , Amram Scheinfeld and Morton David Schweitzer, You and Heredity , Frederick A. Stokes Co., page
- Percy, who hadn't noticed that Fred had bewitched his prefect badge so that it now read "Pinhead," kept asking them all what they were sniggering at.
* 1943 , Oliver Ramsay Pilat, Sodom by the Sea: An Affectionate History of Coney Island , Garden City Publishing, page
- The microcephalic idiot is an unfortunate with a "pinhead ," sometimes exhibited as a "what's-it" in circus side-shows, whose mental age never goes beyond that of an imbecile.
A newborn cricket used as food for pets.
* 1994 , Raymond E. Hunziker, Leopard Geckos , Publisher, ISBN 079380258X, page
- was simply a Negro idiot.
* 2000 , Manny Rubio, Scorpions: Everything About Purchase, Care, Feeding, and Housing , Barron's Educational Series, ISBN 0764112244, page
- A newly hatched gecko will need pretty small crickets, but you will not have to go all the way down to pinheads .
- Crickets can be purchased in many sizes from newborns ("pinheads ") to adults.
* (idiot) doofus, dumbbell, dunce
* pinhead oatmeal
* counting angels on pinheads