Transport vs Fomes - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between transport and fomes
is that transport
is transport, transportation while fomes
is (medicine|obsolete) any substance supposed to be capable of absorbing, retaining, and transporting contagious or infectious germs.
To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to convey.
(historical) To deport to a penal colony.
(figuratively) To move (someone) to strong emotion; to carry away.
- to transport''' goods; to '''transport troops
- Music transports the soul.
- [They] laugh as if transported with some fit / Of passion.
- We shall then be transported with a nobler wonder.
* (carry or bear from one place to another) convey, ferry, move, relocate, shift, ship
* banish, deport, exile, expatriate, extradite
* (move someone to strong emotion) carry away, enrapture
An act of transporting; conveyance.
The state of being transported by emotion; rapture.
A vehicle used to transport (passengers, mail, freight, troops etc.)
(Canada) A tractor-trailer.
The system of transporting passengers, etc. in a particular region; the vehicles used in such a system.
A device that moves recording tape across the read/write heads of a tape recorder or video recorder etc.
(historical) A deported convict.
* (act of transporting) conveyance, ferrying, moving, relocation, shifting, shipping
* (state of being transported by emotion) rapture
* (system of transporting people) See public transport
* (device that moves recording tape across the heads of a recorder)
* deportee, exile, expatriate
(medicine, obsolete) Any substance supposed to be capable of absorbing, retaining, and transporting contagious or infectious germs.
- Woollen clothes are said to be active fomites .