Otidid vs Florican - What's the difference?
Otidid is a hypernym of florican.
As nouns the difference between otidid and florican
is that otidid
is (zoology) any species of the bustard family otididae while florican
is either of two species in the bustard family otididae, houbaropsis bengalensis'' or ''sypheotides indicus
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(zoology) Any species of the bustard family Otididae.
Either of two species in the bustard family Otididae, Houbaropsis bengalensis'' or ''Sypheotides indicus .
* 1983 , Bustard Studies: Journal of the ICBP Bustard Group , Issues 1-5,
* 2002 , David Reed, Nepal ,
- The are two reasons to believe the figure of 362 might be an underestimate: first, not all floricans' were seen on each vidi and, second, male ' floricans were found in other habitats, including cultivated land.
* 2003 , J. C. Daniel, Petronia: Fifty Years of Post-independence Ornithology in India: A Centenary Dedication to Dr. Sálim Ali, 1896-1996 ,
- The park is also home to nearly 400 bird species, three of which - the Bengal florican', the lesser ' florican and the sarus crane - are endangered.
- Each state is taking its own course of action to conserve bustards and floricans' without knowing what the other states are doing. There is no cooperation among the states, even though bustards and ' floricans move from one state to another.
* (bird in the bustard family) bustard, otidid
* Bengal florican (Houbaropsis bengalensis )
* lesser florican (Sypheotides indicus )