Stony vs Flintlike - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between stony and flintlike
is that stony
is as hard as stone while flintlike
is resembling flint; stony.
As hard as stone.
Containing or made up of stones.
(figuratively) Of a person, lacking warmth and emotion.
(figuratively) Of an action such as a look, showing no warmth of emotion.
- a stony path
- She gave him a stony reception.
* (hard as stone ): as hard as iron, as hard as a rock, rock-hard
* (containing stones ): pebbly, rocky, shingly
* (of a person ): cold, cool, hard-hearted, heartless, impassive, unemotional, unfeeling
* (of an action ): cold, cool, frosty, unwelcoming
* (hard as stone ): soft
* (of a person ): passionate, warm
* (of an action ): warm, welcoming