Retard vs Flid - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between retard and flid
is that retard
is retardation; delay while flid
is (uk|slang|derogatory|offensive) a stupid or physically uncoordinated person; a retard.
As a verb retard
is to keep delaying; to continue to hinder; to prevent from progress; to render more slow in progress; to impede; to hinder.
(slang, offensive) A person with mental retardation.
(slang, offensive) A stupid person, or one who is slow to learn.
- Do all retards have a low I.Q.?
* (retardation) delay, hold-up, retardation
* (person with mental retardation) idiot, tard (offensive), imbecile (disused medical term), mental deficient (legal term), moron (disused medical term), person with learning difficulties
* (stupid person) See also
To keep delaying; to continue to hinder; to prevent from progress; to render more slow in progress; to impede; to hinder
- retard the march of an army
To put off; to postpone.
- retard the motion of a ship
- to retard the attacks of old age
(obsolete) To be slow or dilatory to perform (something).
To decelerate; to slow down.
(obsolete) To stay back.
- to retard a rupture between nations
- (Sir Thomas Browne)
* decelerate, hinder, slow, slow down
* (postpone) postpone, put off
* (stay back) hang back, stay back
* accelerate, speed, speed up
* (stay back) come forward
IQ Basics, including formerly used medical terms for people with very low IQs
(UK, slang, derogatory, offensive) A stupid or physically uncoordinated person; a retard.